- May 15, 2017
- Reaction score
John the Ripper known as JTR is a very popular password cracking tool. It is primarily used to perform dictionary attacks. It helps identify weak password vulnerabilities in a network. It also supports users from brute force and rainbow crack attacks.
- John the Ripper is free and Open Source software
- Proactive password strength checking module
- It allows online browsing of the documentation
- Support for many additional hash and cipher types
- Allows to browse the documentation online including summary of changes between two versions